Well it is time for more fun.
You are the news reporter at an animal park. The park has 5 new animals and wants the public to come and meet them.
Create a brochure inviting people to come and meet the new Animals in the Park
Your brochure must include
- The name of your park. (E.g. African Odyssey, Namibian Safari Park)
- A sentence that clearly shows the purpose of the brochure ( to attract visitors).Be creative. For example: You have new friends . Come and meet them! or Have a great day at Odyssey Park with the new animals!
- The names of the new animals with a photograph and 4 facts about them. Try to use the auxiliary "can" in at east one of the facts.
- National Geograhic for kids
- San Diego Zoo Don´t miss the video clips.
- Ology at the American museum of National History
Step 2. When you look at the sites have these questions in mind:
1. What are your 5 most favorite animals? (select a picture for each)
2. What interesting facts about them can you include?
Select 3 or 4 facts. For example:
"Lucy" is our new elephant. She uses her trunk for many different things, like drinking, smelling, grabbing, and even “hugging.”
Lucy can eat 300 pounds (136 kilograms) of food in one day.
Step 3. Make the brochure. You can use Brochure maker
or any other program you may have such as Publisher.
Step 4. Print your brochure.
You will present it in class February 5th (group 403), February 6th (group 413)
Have fun and enjoy the activity.